Millburn Distillery may have been established in 1807 as Inverness Distillery or perhaps or around1817 but it was certainly operational as Millburn Distillery in 1825. During the early 1850s the buildings were converted into corn and flour mills. Reconstruction during 1876 saw Milburn Distillery operational again by 1881. Millburn was a Highland distillery which produced malt whisky until closure in 1985. Some buildings were demolished in 1988 and the remaining buildings now form part of an hotel with the round brick chimney still in situe. Having been equipped with just two stills its output was comparatively small and current stocks are very low.