Inverleven Distillery formed part of the Dumbarton distilling complex at Dumbarton on the north bank of the River Clyde. The complex, including the Inverleven distillery were constructed in 1938 by the Canadian based company Hiram Walker (Scotland) Ltd. The company included Canadian Club in its portfolio and in mid 1930s purchased the whiskey blending company of George Ballantine & Son Ltd. in order to gain a position in the Scottish whiskey industry. The purchase included whiskey stocks for Ballantine's blends, however, in order to secure long-term whiskey supplies the company constructed the Inverleven malt whiskey distillery in the Dumbarton complex. Inverleven's equipment included two stills and five wash backs and water was sourced from Loch Lomond to the north of the distillery. Closed in 1991 and demolished in 2006 Inverleven is a lost Lowland malt whiskey distillery.