Alexander Wilson established Inchgower Distillery in 1871 as a replacement for his Tochineal Distillery. Inchgower is situated just to the south of Buckie in Speyside and near the site of the former Inchgower coaching inn. Right on the mill lead which led water from the Burn of Buckie down to the Mill of Buckie thereby supplying the distillery with soft spring water. It was also conveniently sited by the road which ran to Buckie harbour and railway station. Inchgower's still were increased from two to four in 1966 and most of its production is destined for blending.